Real multi-functional skincare like SKIN UP requires amazing ingredients to cover the bases. This means the Universal Antioxidant: Lipoic Acid!
- Lipoic Acid (LA) is a vitamin-like antioxidant that helps fight free radicals and the damage they cause.
- Lipoic Acid is clinically proven a more effective antioxidant than Vitamins E or C (400x stronger than these two combined!)
- Studies have shown that topical Lipoic Acid lotions are effective in the treatment of photodamaged skin (especially UVA & UVB sun damage)
- We produce Lipoic Acid in our bodies naturally - and we produce less and less DAILY as we age. This is why it's imperative to supplement your skin's surface with antioxidant to aid in free radical defense.
But - does it really work? Well, I'll share with you what I've learned about Lipoic Acid - and take a look at some benefits - and why this is such a new power player in skincare in the fight against signs of aging.
What is Lipoic Acid?
Whether in the skin or elsewhere in the body, aging cells need energy to keep them functioning properly. We know that a young cell (just like a young person) is characterized by its energy. This is true with your skin and individual skin cells, especially on the very outer layer of your skin! Lipoic Acid is proven to stimulate this cellular energy. It's focused on your skin's surface layer and found in every Phil Pharma Lotion for SKIN UP.
You'll see Lipoic Acid often called the "universal antioxidant" because it is used more than just for skin benefits - and the fact that it's both fat and water soluable (back to Chemistry 101!). It's also renowned for its anti-inflammatory properties, and has been extensively studied as a therapeutic agent for may chronic diseases. This is important - especially when you think about everything your skin encounters throughout the day. Sun...wind...pollution...the list goes on. All of these can lead to inflammation as your body's largest organ (your skin!) protects you from all of these external elements.
“Alpha lipoic acid is a potent antioxidant that neutralizes free radical damage,” says Dr. Joshua Zeichner, Director of Cosmetic & Clinical Research at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. And that list above? Yep - they all cause free radical damage. Free radicals are all around us - breaking down the binding that holds our skin cells tightly together and attack our skin daily. Your body produces antioxidants daily to fight these pesky age makers - but as we age everything is slower to recover - and that's why it's so important to supplement your skin with supportive antioxidants such as Lipoic Acid. If you think about how your overall body metabolism slows as we age - the exact thing is happening on a cellular level. Giving these surface cells support is the key to revving up this cellular metabolism.
In a topical form, such as it is misted through our SKIN UP device - LA is said to improve the way the skin looks and feels, and has found it’s way into a huge assortment of skin care products—serums, creams, mists, and more. Proponents liken it to vitamins E and C, but note that Lipoic Acid is proven significantly more potent than either one.
This topical use of Lipoic Acid in skincare is a relatively new innovation - and the results are pretty remarkable!
How Lipoic Acid Works
“Lipoic acid is considered a universal antioxidant because it is both water and oil soluble,” says aesthetician Deelisa Sacco of Palm Beach Wax Studio. “This differentiates it from beta hydroxy acid, which is only oil soluble, and alpha hydroxy acid, which is water soluble.”
So what does this mean for us in laymen's terms? Well - as Lipoic Acid is produced in our bodies, it has the benefit of generating in energy production which is so important for surface cell turnover - and how you get that radiantly glowing skin. These benefits are seen in Lipoic Acid’s ability to boost the skin’s capacity to exfoliate and regenerate itself. This can help improve dry skin and make skin tone more even - and its antioxidant value is shown to fight inflammation and provide benefits to those who suffer from acne and possibly help reverse long-term damage caused by sun exposure.
What are some Benefits of Lipoic Acid in Skin Care?
As a topical, Lipoic Acid provides multiple benefits to the skin, and here are a few:
- Significantly decrease fine lines and wrinkles,
- Help reduce swelling and puffiness in the face.
- Its anti-inflammatory effects also help reduce visible redness and blotchiness, resulting in skin tone that appears more even and often making foundation unnecessary. LA can help shrink the appearance of pores and impart a healthy, radiant-looking glow to the skin.
- Need to address visible fine lines and wrinkles? LA is excellent at this, given its capacity to regulate production of nitric oxide, which controls blood flow to the skin. This is the secret to eliminating the appearance of dark circles and the reason Lipoic Acid can help transform the complexion from dull, pasty, and pale to vibrant and glowing!
So now that you know a little more about Lipoic Acid - get misting! And more importantly, get GLOWING! SKIN UP is here for you: every age - every stage - every skin type - every gender. As always - I love to connect with you, and you can always reach me at email@example.com. Thanks for stopping by!